King Salman Center for Disability Research supports, coordinates, manages, and funds research and academic activities that it deems beneficial for Saudi society in particular and humanity in general. The center targets the latest scientific research And the process of broad impact by systematically pooling scientific, technical, and human resources on a local and international scale. The center's research is focused on application rather than theoretical and aims at solving the medical, psychological, educational, and social difficulties facing persons with disabilities.
The center's strategic plan targets three main areas. The first area is focusing on building a comprehensive database based on scientific foundations to provide accurate information about the percentage and distribution of people with disabilities in the Kingdom, in addition to the causes of various disabilities. The second area targets disabilities with high incidence and hidden disabilities such as learning difficulties, communication disorders, and mental health. Finally, the third area focuses on advanced research such as nanotechnology, robotics, and cell therapy. Thus, there will be a shift in the direction that the center will take in the future.
King Salman Center for Disability Research will continue to encourage private research initiatives that serve people with disabilities and follow the center's vision and mission.
Research priorities of the King Salman Center for Disability Research
King Salman Center for Disability Research is pleased to invite researchers, academics, and experts in the field of disability to submit research proposals in the following areas:
- Preparing research projects and survey programs related to disability statistics in the Kingdom in terms of (classification, severity, geographical distribution, and ages of the injured).
- Formulating research on prevention, early detection, and intervention to reduce disability and expanding related programs such as premarital screening, fetal examination, and early examination of newborns.
- Designing and developing assistive technologies and modern technologies for people with disabilities in the Kingdom and studying the effect of their use in various aspects (such as education, training, and work).
- Preparing studies on the concept of quality of life for people with disabilities and how to improve their lives, their families and touch their needs.
- Preparing studies in the field of the rights of persons with disabilities and the laws and legislation related to them in the educational, health, social, and family aspects.
- Preparing studies on empowering individuals with disabilities, such as universal access in different agencies, social integration, effective community participation, and family support programs.
- Preparing awareness and intellectual security studies for individuals with disabilities.
- Preparing standardized Arab standards on the Saudi environment in the field of diagnosis and early detection, training, rehabilitation, and therapeutic and educational interventions.
- Preparing studies related to disability among the elderly, including (its causes, types, accompanying services, and its social and economic impacts).
- Preparing studies on people with disabilities with chronic diseases.